Jesus failed as a warrior
2018-05-26 01:33:41 UTC
Bringing the kids to vote amounts to a revolution. They will make climate change and riding bikes to school a priority. The elderly can bring their trikes and escort the young. We need warriors.
Warriors kill people. By definition.
LONGMAN DICTIONARY: a soldier or fighter who is brave and experienced.

Then there R other types of warriors: Eco-Warrior, Rainbow Warrior, road warrior, Banana Warrior, etc. Nowhere it says they must kill people. Perhaps it should mean they R committed to a cause. Christians R not warriors. Jesus was a warrior but his strategy failed.

FUN & COLORFUL
facebook.com/liboriojolgorio

THE JUNGLE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

MAGIC BRACELETS
Banana Warrior Bracelet @eBay

#HammockForPeace #BikeForPeace
2018-05-26 05:08:15 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
Then there R other types of warriors: Eco-Warrior, Rainbow Warrior, road warrior, Banana Warrior, etc. Nowhere it says they must kill people. Perhaps it should mean they R committed to a cause. Christians R not warriors. Jesus was a warrior but his strategy failed.
Warriors can "win" in defeat.
[quote]
The Defenders of this Realm have worked well in secret and in the open.
They think that they have pacified Ireland. They think that they have
purchased half of us and intimidated the other half. They think that they
have foreseen everything, think that they have provided against everything;
but the fools, the fools, the fools! — they have left us our Fenian dead,
and while Ireland holds these graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at
peace.
[/quote] Pádraig Pearse's (Patrick Pearse) Speech at the Grave
of O’Donovan Rossa
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Speech_at_the_Grave_of_O%E2%80%99Donovan_Rossa
Pearse was executed for participating in the April 1916 rising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Rising#Arrests_and_executions
This was a colossal blunder by the British, as it made the rebels
sympathetic in the eyes of the Irish people.
Kevin R
While I understand that victims often win a cause, U may say Jesus inspired the early Christians, but eventually they became just like the Romans, so Jesus was a failed warrior.

Gandhi was inspired by Jesus but he too fell into oblivion. Jesus is dead as model. Only the crucifix is worn casually.
2018-05-26 14:41:14 UTC
There have been a bunch of "candidates."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespasian
The candidates R now riding bikes in hostile roads.
I know a guy doing a nonviolent campaign with two bananas but I'm not sure that's inspired by Jesus. Mind U, he rides a bike risking his life.

https://imgflip.com/i/1zqwca
Jesus Christ is a WHITE RACE monopoly Power
2018-05-26 22:54:19 UTC
Jesus was a jew bastard
trying to fight Roman power

Jesus was a kookoo
2018-05-27 01:26:31 UTC
Post by Jesus Christ is a WHITE RACE monopoly Power
Jesus was a jew bastard
trying to fight Roman power
Jesus was a kookoo
That's the equivalent of fighting America today.
Maybe he was suicidal.
The_Inquirer
2018-05-27 16:26:52 UTC
in the first place, is the "Jesus" taught in modern mainstream
denominations the original Jesus?

(assuming that there was a historical Jesus)
--
The Inquirer

The most unbiased and independent participant on Usenet. I whack both
sides of any debate with my questions. If there is a 3rd, 4th, ... etc
side, I will also whack!
2018-06-03 14:55:36 UTC
Post by The_Inquirer
in the first place, is the "Jesus" taught in modern mainstream
denominations the original Jesus?
(assuming that there was a historical Jesus)
We may never know if there was a Jesus or not because he came before the media could report his miracles live on TV.

He could have been a YouTube sensation.
The_Inquirer
2018-06-03 17:22:41 UTC
Post by The_Inquirer
in the first place, is the "Jesus" taught in modern mainstream
denominations the original Jesus?
(assuming that there was a historical Jesus)
We may never know if there was a Jesus or not because he came before the media could report his miracles live on TV.
He could have been a YouTube sensation.
what about this story on YouTube (not taught in Bible, or mainstream
Christian teachings)?

according to this documentary, he went was buried in the East-West
direction as per Jewish tradition?

is it fake?

side, I will also whack!
The_Inquirer
2018-06-03 17:27:37 UTC
Post by The_Inquirer
in the first place, is the "Jesus" taught in modern mainstream
denominations the original Jesus?
(assuming that there was a historical Jesus)
We may never know if there was a Jesus or not because he came before the media could report his miracles live on TV.
He could have been a YouTube sensation.
is it possible that the current versions of Christianity (Catholicism,
Protestantism, Charismatic, Orthodox, ... etc) were all evolved from the
Roman Empire edition which served to suppress Jewish rebellion and try
to unite the crumbling empire?

could the original teachings have been heavily censored and "lost" for
thousands of years?

side, I will also whack!
2018-06-03 20:58:31 UTC
On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 07:57:45 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by The_Inquirer
in the first place, is the "Jesus" taught in modern mainstream
denominations the original Jesus?
(assuming that there was a historical Jesus)
We may never know if there was a Jesus or not because he came before the media could report his miracles live on TV.
He could have been a YouTube sensation.
...which begs the question...if the life of the Messiah was so
stupendously important and vital, why the fuck didn't "God" direct the
ancient morons to create documents and preserve artifacts for
perpetually ? Damn...you'd think there's at least be a bit of
graffiti. There should have been SOME traces. But there's nothing at
all. That's highly suspect.
Jesus' prepuce wasn't found?
2018-06-04 04:22:43 UTC
Yes, he could make a fortune by turning water into wine.
But he'd be (rightfully) charged with dumping or unfair practices at the
WTO.
He would go into disability and get a check.