Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948–1991, from 1992–2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
Resty Wyse
2017-12-11 19:11:14 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-america-addicted-foreign-interventions-022600521.html
lo yeeOn
2017-12-11 21:40:58 UTC
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States
engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948-1991, from
1992-2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-america-addicted-foreign-interventions-022600521.html
I think that's because the neocon encroachment into Washington's power
politics is following the path of steepest descent!

When you hear Lindsey Graham, John Bolton, Nikki Haley, HR McMaster
talk about the inevitability of a preventive war against North Korea,
you know that the neocons are behind these people with a blow torch.
These guys/girls then go bark in public and make sure that the Chief
doesn't fall outside that path of steepest descent.

Just listen to the Iraq War veteran Senator Tammy Duckworth from the
great state of Illinois talk about this recently:

Vox's reporter Zack Beauchamp

That's what I find baffling, even terrifying. It seems like he wants
to, and that the aides who are supposed to be reining him in, most
notably National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, aren't actually
doing it.

If anything, McMaster's talk about irrationality indicates that he
supports a first strike on North Korea. If they're irrational, it
means they can't be allowed to have nukes.

[Senator] Tammy Duckworth

I think that the president is playing to a segment of the population
and, I think, relying on the fact that most Americans don't realize
how close we are to this war.

Look: I'm not someone who's going to avoid war at all costs. That's
not me. But I want the American people to know what this will cost.

We went through this with Iraq. When Gen. [Eric] Shinseki, with
absolute courage, said in testimony that it's going to take 300,000
troops to invade Iraq, he was fired for it - because the Bush
administration and Vice President Cheney were selling the lie that
it would be over in two weeks and the Iraqi population would greet
us with flowers and chocolates. I remember that.

And here we are again. We don't have the troops in the region, on
the ground, to do what would need to be done to fully contain [North
s] nuclear capabilities. Just ramping up Korea - prepositioning
troops, stocks, and logistics in a place where we could do it -
could prompt the North Koreans to do something.

You dig it?

lo yeeOn
Byker
2017-12-11 23:22:40 UTC
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States
engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948-1991, from 1992-2017
that number increased fourfold to 188.
Because the other chickenshit world powers won't intervene to keep the
peace...
Resty Wyse
Are we keeping the peace or the cause of wars around the world?
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-14 09:33:04 UTC
Post by Resty Wyse
Are we keeping the peace or the cause of wars around the world?
Yale Guen Mar, why do you dishonestly write "we" to mean USA when you have sold your conscience to your handler from the CCP dictatorship in Beijing?

Yale Guen Mar, You continue to lustily working as an agent provocateur on the newsgroup in the hope of approval of 50 cents payment.

What animal instinct is driving you to beat the war drums constantly on behalf of the CCP dictatorship?

Yale Guen Mar, you really want PRC to display its "shock and awe" instead of the US, right?

Do you really believe that PRC will remain unscathed on the sidelines if a war breaks out between North Korea and the PRC?

Do you really believe that PRC will emerge as the superpower of significance after the the war is over?

Is that why why you continuously post dares and act the agent provocateur?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/mzY0FCFcZHk
Post by Resty Wyse
China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi already said: "Giving up on the South China Sea will be shameful to their ancestors".
China will fight for the South China Sea.
Yale Guen Mar, why do you want PRC to fight for ownership of the South China Sea?

Why do you decry PRC's neighbors as the "seven dwarfs"?

Why do you want the "seven dwarfs" to kowtow to PRC?

Yale Guen Mar, if the PRC shares your enthusiasm for war, why isn't it occupying the Senkaku Islands?

Does PRC know something that you don't want to know?

Are you just happy with the 50 cents you get from PRC for your warmongering posts?

Why do you announce the imminence of a display of "shock and awe" by the PRC?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/uYOvxU7mGYk
Post by Resty Wyse
Vietnam wins U.S. defense pledges as tension with China grows - Uncle Sam is taken on something we can not stop. When China is ready, she will take all of the South China Sea. The US cannot stop China.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/vietnam-wins-u-defense-pledges-200838818.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_08
Yes, Yale Guen Mar, you have always been ever ready to molest every pig's asshole in sight. Why wouldn't you earn 50 cents at the behest of your handler by posting that PRC will take all of the South China Sea.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/nALRUXmiQ7c

Yale Guen Mar, is that what your handler with the CCP dictatorship in PRC has asked you to post?

That might earn you 50 cents from the CCP dictatorship but not much else.

Beijing's bandit regime is indeed a rattle snake. It is a menace to all its neighbors.

Ho Chi Minh had rightly observed at the height of his fight against French colonial rulers, "It is better to sniff French dung for a while than to eat Chinese dung all our lives".

The CCP dictatorship has proved by its banditry and piracy against neighboring countries how right Ho Chi Minh was.
Post by Resty Wyse
That's what "show of force" meant!!!
The more the better.
Of course, that's involves somewhere around 15,000 - 20,000 naval personnel.
Kinda expensive "a show of force"!!!
Yale Guen Mar, you have been advocating a show of "Shock-and-Awe" by the PLA. How cheap is that going to be?

Yale Guen Mar, is it your contention that only PRC must exhibit its "shock and awe", howsoever expensive that may be, while others must kowtow to the CCP dictatorship in Beijing?

Yale Guen Mar, you have never tired of showing your contempt for the small neighbors of PRC - you deride them as the "seven dwarfs". You want PRC to bully and bludgeon them into kowtowing to the CCP dictatorship in Beijing.

Naturally, you don't want another bully from the other side of the Pacific to encroach upon PRC's turf. You want the PRC to be the sole bully in the region.

It is not at all surprising that rstx is an ardent cheerleader for the imperialist agenda of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) dictatorship in Beijing who would dance in public in the nude if it advances the CCP agenda.

As the Dr. Strangelove of soc.culture.china, rst0 is stinking up the newsgroup with his inane dreams of mayhem and rapes.

rst0 must be one desperate Dr. Strangelove to dream of PLA invading Japan. rstx has gone on to describe his evil orgasmic dream quite vividly:

" ... Chinese troops enter Tokyo, be sure to kill and rape at least 300,000. And use Japanese civilians for bayonet practice."

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.japan/msg/46c71cdfd0e4e9c3 ;

The Tojo regime paid the price for its evil acts. The CCP dictatorship in Beijing too will have to pay for its evil acts if it gets goaded by the likes of rst0/rst7/rst9 to commit war crimes in Japan or any where else.

Yale Guen Mar, recall how PRC ruthlessly occupied the Paracel islands in 1974 from Vietnam?

Yale Guen Mar, recall the massacre of Vietnamese in Spratly islands in 1988?

Yale Guen Mar, surely you know that the CCP dictatorship in Beijing is not averse to killing at will.

Recall how the PLA had invaded Vietnam in 1979 across the Friendship Pass to teach Vietnam a lesson? It is another matter that by the time PLA was forced to withdraw after 4 weeks, it had lost more than 100,000 soldiers.

Yale Guen Mar, you shouldn't have to post for so little. 50 cents per post shouldn't be enough for what you do. Try to get a better deal from Uncle Chang. That's the only way you can be compensated for what you have to endure - including contempt of patriotic Hmong neighbors on Twilight Avenue.

Yale Guen Mar, you think the the CCP dictatorship in Beijing can get away by bullying the 7 neighbors that you contemptuously dismiss as the "seven dwarfs".

The CCP dictatorship in Beijing is of course angry. The CCP dictatorship wants to enjoy unbridled liberty to bully the "seven dwarfs" anytime and every time it chooses to. It wants to be the sole bully in East Asia. It does not want another bully from the other shore of the Pacific to interfere.

Yale Guen Mar, you have ceased to care about anything else other than earning 50 cents per post. You don't even care to ask your caregiver, Meichi Thai, to to change you into a fresh diaper a lot more often even as you continue to have "accidents" on Ms. Rolida Lee's reclining char and Mr. Ravinder Singh's sofa.

Yale Guen Mar, is earning 50 cents per post with Uncle Chang's lies really that important for you?

Yale Guen Mar, your intelligence is only skin deep. In fact, the only thing deep about you is your hemorrhoid ridden asshole. It is as full of shit as your skull.

For the sake of 50 cents, you are willing to post anything.

Yale Guen Mar, you have been saying, "War waged by China is good, all other wars bad." You could easily been one of the pigs in George Orwell's Animal Farm.

It is not at all surprising that Yale Guen Mar (rstx) is an ardent cheerleader for the imperialist agenda of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) dictatorship in Beijing who would dance in public in the nude if it advances the CCP agenda.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/Nxift8p1xTM
Post by Resty Wyse
North Korea isn't the biggest problem in the world - “China’s getting more powerful by the day, particularly economically,” “Chinese money is increasingly trumping US muscle” on the world stage.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/north-korea-isnt-biggest-problem-world-121214299.html
Yale Guen Mar, USA is just a paper tiger, right?

Isn't that what your handler with the CCP dictatorship in Beijing has asked you to post for you to be sure of receiving 50 cents as payment for your trouble.
lo yeeOn
2017-12-14 08:49:59 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United
States engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948-1991,
from 1992-2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
Because the other chickenshit world powers won't intervene to keep
the peace...
Last I looked, the term "chickenshit" suggests utter contempt towards
others who disagree with your assessment. It also suggests that you
hold utter contempt for human life.

When there is a life on this planet, it is arrogant for you to decide
you have the right to demolish it at the snap of the fingers.

Finally, the lack of standards, the lack of principle, the lack of
honesty, and the lack of consensus, all suggest an attitude that you
will choose to intervene in one conflict with bombs but not in another
simply because you can with the former, but not because you are right.

Otherwise, how do you explain that Washington has never "intervene[d]"
in the Asian subcontinent "to keep the peace" between India and
Pakistan? And how do you explain that our rulers never "intervene[d]
to keep the peace" between Turkey and the Kurdist Independence groups
or the Greek Cypriots but attacked and destroyed Iraq in 2003 when
there was a fragile peace among the different Iraqi groups?

And what is happening to Syria, Ukraine, Georgia, ...? I guess your
answer will be Washington won't intervene because some other world
power(s) have intervened? But what about Jerusalem, part of which is
on seized land and has been an obstacle to peace?

The real story, I guess, is that Washington's military interventions
have all been pursued because the powers-that-be thought they could
get away with them, despite the fact that they had nothing to do with
keeping the peace but everything to do with destroying the peace.

They were unprincipled and immoral acts that had no regard for human
life.

It's therefore worthwhile to re-read Vox's recent interview with US
Senator Ducksworth. She said to the reporter Zack Beauchamp:

I think that the president (I) is playing to a segment of the
population and, I think, (II) relying on the fact that most
Americans don't realize how close we are to this war.

That's what I find baffling, even terrifying. It seems like he wants
to, and that the aides who are supposed to be reining him in, most
notably National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, aren't actually
doing it.

If anything, McMaster's talk about irrationality indicates that he
supports a first strike on North Korea. If they're irrational, it
means they can't be allowed to have nukes.

So, my take is that these many military interventions which Resty Wyse
pointed to happened because a certain powerful segment wanted them and
they took advantage of the fact that most Americans were slumbering
before it became too late.

lo yeeOn

lo yeeOn
Byker
2017-12-14 20:32:23 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States
engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948-1991, from 1992-2017
that number increased fourfold to 188.
Because the other chickenshit world powers won't intervene to keep the
peace...
Beacuse the US is in the hands of the Jews who require it act at Israel's
behest?
I doubt the Jews were urging Bill Clinton to rescue the Muslims in Bosnia...
Resty Wyse
2017-12-12 04:16:42 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States
engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948-1991, from
1992-2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-america-addicted-foreign-interventions-022600521.html
I think that's because the neocon encroachment into Washington's power
politics is following the path of steepest descent!
While we kept pushing against China, China has to do something to stand up against Uncle Sam. China has done a wonderful job of building up their educational level of their people. Have you noticed all those posts concerning China stealing and copying have disappeared? China has 1 1/2 billion people, 4 times the people we have. They graduate 8 times more engineers and scientists than we do every year. Their educational effort is the cause of our "steepest descent" today.
Post by lo yeeOn
When you hear Lindsey Graham, John Bolton, Nikki Haley, HR McMaster
talk about the inevitability of a preventive war against North Korea,
you know that the neocons are behind these people with a blow torch.
These guys/girls then go bark in public and make sure that the Chief
doesn't fall outside that path of steepest descent.
We are fighting a losing battle!!! Others have learned the secrets of our success!!
Post by lo yeeOn
[...]
First, Vietnam.
Then, the Middle East.
Ukraine,
South China Sea.
North Korea.
Then Donald Trump pours more gasoline into the Middle East by moving our embassy to Jerusalem...
Post by lo yeeOn
You dig it?
lo yeeOn
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-15 08:24:37 UTC
Post by Resty Wyse
While we kept pushing against China, China has to do something to stand up against Uncle Sam. China has done a wonderful job of building up their educational level of their people. Have you noticed all those posts concerning China stealing and copying have disappeared? China has 1 1/2 billion people, 4 times the people we have. They graduate 8 times more engineers and scientists than we do every year. Their educational effort is the cause of our "steepest descent" today.
We are fighting a losing battle!!! Others have learned the secrets of our success!!
First, Vietnam.
Then, the Middle East.
Ukraine,
South China Sea.
North Korea.
Then Donald Trump pours more gasoline into the Middle East by moving our embassy to Jerusalem...
Still lustily working as an agent provocateur on the newsgroup in the hope of approval of 50 cents payment?

w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-12-12 00:15:18 UTC
World hegemony and foreign interventions go hand in hand. Often, hegemony and interventions result in war rather than peace. To maintain hegemony and carry out foreign interventions, the citizenry has to be brainwashed into thinking the country is doing something necessary and great (like fighting for freedom and democracy, and fulfilling some manifest destiny).

Wakalukong
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-14 09:29:32 UTC
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948–1991, from 1992–2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
Yale Guen Mar, is that what your handler with the CCP dictatorship in PRC has asked you to post?

That might earn you 50 cents from the CCP dictatorship but not much else.

Beijing's bandit regime is indeed a rattle snake. It is a menace to all its neighbors.

Ho Chi Minh had rightly observed at the height of his fight against French colonial rulers, "It is better to sniff French dung for a while than to eat Chinese dung all our lives".

The CCP dictatorship has proved by its banditry and piracy against neighboring countries how right Ho Chi Minh was.

Yale Guen Mar, why do you always want the PLA to put on a show of "shock and awe"? Why are you always dreaming of the PLA to pulverize the "seven dwarfs"? Why do you want the PLA to conquer Japan and practice rape and bayonet practice on Japanese women and men?

All for 50 cents? The saner elements in the PLA certainly don't share your gory dreams of rape and mayhem.

As far as the Pacific countries (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand etc.) are concerned, it is the CCP dictatorship in Beijing that is the greatest menace to world peace.

The Munich agreement gave in to Nazi regime's demand for Sudetenland. But this only whetted the Nazi regime's addiction to aggrandizement. The Nazi regime went on to lay claims on Austria and then to Poland and then to Russia and France and then to the whole world.

The Beijing bandit regime's imperialist agenda is expanding exponentially. The CCP dictatorship in Beijing is becoming as much a menace to world peace as the Tojo regime and the Hitler regime were in their days:

**************

http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/17-07-2012/121658-china_territorial_claims-0/ ;

China has territorial claims to nearly 20 countries

17.07.2012

Chinese leader Mao Zedong not only built a strong country but also outlined a global goal: "We must conquer the globe where we will create a powerful state." Today, China has territorial claims to all its neighbors. Naturally, the U.S. is dreaming of becoming a mediator in resolving disputes in the region. But it seems that Beijing absolutely does not care about their opinion.

Burma, Laos, Northern India, Vietnam, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, the Ryukyu Islands, 300 islands of the South China, East China and Yellow Seas, as well as Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Taiwan, South Kazakhstan, the Afghan province of Bahdashan, Transbaikalia and the Far East to South Okhotsk - here is the complete list of areas that, according to Zedong, were lost due to the fall of the Qing empire. All of these countries and regions combined exceed the territory of modern China. Not all complaints are voiced by the Government of China in the international arena, but within the country the imperialist ambitions have not been lost, but rather, are actively promoted.

The PRC authorities talk out loud only about the areas that, at least theoretically, can be taken away from Japan and Korea. Tokyo is regularly frustrated not only because of the travel of the Russian leaders to the Kuril Islands, but also about the Chinese ships freely entering the disputed Senkaku Islands waters. Beijing believes that the Islands are called Diaoyu, and they belonged to China, but the malicious Japanese tricked the U.S. into giving them to Japan because after World War II the uninhabited archipelago was in the US jurisdiction.

Significant reserves of natural gas were found on the islands. For the growing industry of China and stagnant Japan it is more than a serious argument in favor of the struggle for the archipelago, no matter what it is called. Not to mention the fish that is found there in large quantities. To date, the only agreement the parties have reached in the negotiations is on the joint development of oil fields. In addition, if the Japanese behave more or less decently, the Chinese are regularly caught for illegal fishing in the area.

Any territorial dispute, but rather, its resolution, is a serious precedent. If China's claim in respect of at least one territory from the list of the "lost" is satisfied, the Chinese machine would be unstoppable. Despite the fact that the Chinese are very pleased to partner with Russia and have always supported Russia in the UN Security Council, in person, on the sidelines, its diplomats supposedly jokingly hint to their Russian colleagues: you must understand that soon you will have to share the Far East? China has more than a billion people, while Russia's vast territory barely has 150 million.

These dangerous trends - demographic, and as a result, geopolitical - must sound scary to the Russian government, but so far it seems that it is happy with the fact that Beijing makes territorial claims only to Seoul and Tokyo. In 2005 Russia had already given China a bounty in the form of 337 square kilometers of land in the area of Big Island (upper Argun River in the Chita region) and two sites in the vicinity of the islands Tarabarov and Big Ussuri near the confluence of the Amur and Ussuri.

However, none of the leaders of the military departments of ASEAN that includes all debating countries agree to recognize, for example, the fact that Diaoyu belongs to Japan. Instead, the defense ministers of Vietnam, Indonesia, Australia, Thailand and Singapore urged the Japanese authorities to proceed with caution and within the framework of the international law. These countries certainly do not need a resolution to the dispute because in that case their territory will be separated from China only by perseverance of the latter.

They are silent about the "Iodo island" (the Chinese version is Suenchzhao. - Ed) in the East China Sea. The sneaky Chinese took the principle of dividing the Arctic as an example and now claim that the underwater ridge of this tiny piece of land is under close control of the Chinese. Since the Iodo is closer to Korea, in 2003 the Koreans built an uninhabitable marine research station there. From the standpoint of the international law, this rock in general should not be the subject of a debate.

In any case, the controversy continues, Japan and South Korea remain to be supported by their all-time ally - the United States. For the US, the unification of Southeast Asian Nations is a chance to save their own economy, because in that case the World Trade Center will move there, where currently there are no transnational corporations in the amount sufficient for the U.S.

The success of the White House in the region does not depend on the strength that America loves to show any chance it has, but rather, diplomacy, as the countries of ASEAN and Asia-Pacific region do not trust each other or anyone outside the regional boundaries. However, Washington is trusted here because of the support of Seoul and Tokyo. However, China has already pushed Japan out of the ranks of the largest economies in the world, and the structure of the region is no longer formed on spatial basis.

Therefore, territorial claims of China, and not Russia, India or, for example, Australia are so important for Washington. Beijing is the only capital of the world, ready to use force in the struggle for the sake of expansion. During the last ten years, while America was blowing up its financial bubble, China has not only developed the industry, but also equipped its area of interest with military equipment. China has placed 38 new diesel and nuclear submarines in the region, purchased four destroyers of class "Modern" from Russia and built another dozen on its own, and has launched a network of ground-based ballistic missiles to destroy naval targets.

Only one other country has done this before - the Soviet Union during the "Cold War". It is no wonder that the Americans are very concerned with the regular quarrels between China and its major allies. Construction of a naval base on Hainan Island does not add confidence to the U.S. The proximity to the Malacca Strait poses a threat to the smooth supply of Washington's main allies in the region - Japan, South Korea and Taiwan - this is the way the US sees the situation. The American senators have already decided that such behavior is a threat to Beijing's regional peace and stability, economic development and even "food security". The international community is well aware what usually follows such wording.

Ilona Raskolnikova

Pravda.Ru

*******************

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/26/inside-china-436801701/?page=all#pagebreak ;

Threat against ‘little countries’
By Miles Yu
***@gmail.com

China’s official communist newspaper, the Global Times, published a chilling editorial warning several “little countries” that are disputing China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea, notably the Philippines and Vietnam, to “get ready to hear the sound of gunfire.”

Headlined “China Cannot Resort Only to Negotiations Over Maritime Conflicts, We Must Kill One to Deter One Hundred If Necessary,” the editorial published Tuesday asked, in a tone of condescension, where these “little neighboring countries” got the nerve to challenge China. It called such challenges an “opportunistic strategic offensive launched by little countries against a big country.”

The newspaper further threatened that the game these countries play against China would not be easy to win because “China possesses the force to end such game anytime.”

The report said any fear of a naval war is unnecessary because the Chinese public had been psychologically getting used to such a naval conflagration in recent years.

According to the newspaper, the root cause of China’s trouble with these “little countries” is the United States. “At present various disputants behave with imperial swagger [against China],” the commentary said, “as if with the support from the United States, they all had the force and capabilities to subjugate China.”

The newspaper used the phrase “bodies of waters in East Asia” to include areas other than the South China Sea where China has territorial disputes — a clear reference to South Korea and Japan.

Since April 2010, China began deliberately sending regular fishing fleets accompanied by official government escort ships to disputed areas of the Spratly’s Island, Senkaku islands, the Korean littoral area and other murky waters.

These China fishing and escort ships routinely clash with other nations’ naval patrol ships, including incidents with the Philippine navy, the South Korean navy and the Japanese coastal patrol vessels just within the past week, dramatically escalating tensions with several “little countries.”

Underground Great Wall

The U.S. government this week announced that it had dismantled and destroyed the last and the largest Cold War-era nuclear weapon, the B53 gravity bomb, in Amarillo, Texas.

Meanwhile, China is increasing its stockpile of nuclear weapons under the rubric of a mammoth project called the Underground Great Wall that includes a 3,000-mile-long subterranean tunnel system used to store and operate the many thousands of China’s nuclear-carrying missiles. The system is under the direct supervision of China’s strategic missile forces known as the Second Artillery Corps.

First reported by the Chinese state television in March 2008 and confirmed by the Chinese military a year later, the Underground Great Wall runs several hundred feet below the ground, said James Holmes of the U.S. Naval War College.

Mr. Holmes wrote in the Japanese-based electronic journal the Diplomat in August that “the very scale of the underground network opens up new vistas for Chinese nuclear strategy.”

On Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal quoted former Pentagon nuclear weapons specialist Philip Karber as fundamentally challenging the West’s conventional assumption about the size of China’s nuclear stockpile, officially estimated to include several hundred warheads.

Mr. Karber said gauging the size of China’s nuclear arsenal is difficult, but the Wall Street Journal article urged an immediate reconsideration of the underestimated arsenal because “the alternative is for China, steeped in a 2,500 year military tradition of concealment, deception and surprise, to announce — at a time and in a manner of its choosing — its supremacy in a field that we have foolishly abandoned to our dreams.”

soc.culture.china, soc.culture.indian, soc.culture.malaysia, soc.culture.filipino, soc.culture.vietnamese
Anti-terrorism law proposed

China announced Monday that it would enact a sweeping law to combat what the communist state would define as “terrorists” or “terrorist acts.” These acts include creating public disorder and social panic, causing public property damage and threatening government agencies. The law would target international organizations and all others that abet and finance such “terrorists” and “terrorist acts.”

Human rights activists and thousands of netizens immediately reacted with anger and protest. Li Tiantian, a Shanghai-based human rights lawyer, was quoted by overseas Chinese news media as saying: “This law aims to protect the power structure of the state, to guarantee the security, stability and power of the government. It is the same as calling all actions jeopardizing the regime’s rule terrorism, deserving suppression.”

*************
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-15 08:26:42 UTC
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/GIFbjATOOf8
Post by Resty Wyse
Why is America Addicted to Foreign Interventions? - The United States engaged in forty-six military interventions from 1948–1991, from 1992–2017 that number increased fourfold to 188.
Yale Guen Mar, STOP EXPOSING YOURSELF. Stinker is that stinker does. And you are verily a stinker trying to present PRC as the victim. The bandit regime in Beijing wishes to be the sole bully in the block - cheating and bludgeoning every small country in the neighborhood into submission. Naturally, it doesn't want any other bully in the neighborhood.

Yale Guen Mar suffers from acute mental illness. It is no surprise that the Merced Chimp will think thus and post his inane thoughts so shamelessly.

But the CCP regime in PRC is the real problem. Its colonialist mindset has made it a menace not only to PRC's neighbors and an even greater menace to the survival of peoples in its colonies in Tibet and East Turkestan.

Yale Guen Mar, you well know what Ho Chi Minh said.

PRC's 1979 invasion of Vietnam and continuing acts of piracy in the South China Sea show how prescient Ho Chi Minh was.

Ho Chi Minh in 1946:

"You fools! Don't you realize what it means if the Chinese remain? Don't you remember your history? The last time the Chinese came, they stayed a thousand years. The French are foreigners. They are weak. Colonialism is dying. The white man is finished in Asia. But if the Chinese stay now, they will never go. As for me, I prefer to sniff French shit for five years than to eat Chinese shit for the rest of my life." - Ho Chi Minh in 1946

Yale Guen Mar, the CCP dictatorship's imperialist regime is the greatest menace around the Pacific.

The Pacific nations are all aware that imperialist China has come to believe like Yale Guen Mar (who posts under the fake name of Resty Wyse) that "Today, it's all about military power, the only thing counts." In 1979, the CCP dictatorship under Deng Xiaoping's helmsmanship caused the death of nearly 150,000 human soldiers just to "teach Vietnam a lesson". It is another matter that a significant proportion of the dead were Chinese soldiers. But that mattered very little to lull the blood-lust of the CCP dictatorship in Beijing.

In fact, China's small neighbors thank USA for the fact that China hasn't dared since 1979 to launch a bloody invasion to teach any of its small neighbors a lesson. As far as the Pacific nations are concerned, it is the USA that is providing a shield against the blood lust of the CCP dictatorship.

As far as the Pacific countries (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand etc.) are concerned, it is the CCP dictatorship in Beijing that is the greatest menace to world peace.

The Munich agreement gave in to Nazi regime's demand for Sudetenland. But this only whetted the Nazi regime's addiction to aggrandizement. The Nazi regime went on to lay claims on Austria and then to Poland and then to Russia and France and then to the whole world.

The Beijing bandit regime's imperialist agenda is expanding exponentially. Now it is disputing Japan's sovereignty over Okinawa on the basis of Okinawa's tributary relationship with China some 500 years ago. The CCP dictatorship in Beijing is becoming as much a menace to world peace as the Tojo regime and the Hitler regime were in their days: