Okinawa island unable to forget horror at hands of Japan troops
minori
2017-10-09 10:34:21 UTC
Japan should vacate island and return to China.

Okinawa island unable to forget horror at hands of Japan troops

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201709290008.html

---
http://www.avg.com
w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-10-10 01:02:56 UTC
The battle for Okinawa was one of the hardest fought, most brutal battles in the Pacifoc theatre in World War II. You can't watch a documemtary of the battle without feeling the savagery that the soldiers and people were caught in. So, when I visited the US years ago, I made a personal "pilgrimage" to the Okinawa memorial (sulptured from the picture of US Marines planting the US flag on the island). Hopefully, I could visit Okinawa some day.

Wakalukong
Resty Wyse
2017-10-10 02:54:35 UTC
"...US Marines planting the US flag..." was on Iwo Jima. Iwo Jima is 855 miles East of Okinawa
w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-10-10 03:10:32 UTC
Ok thanks, rst, but Okinawa is still the biggest US amphibious landing in the Pacific. In the battle of Okinawa, there were 50,000 American and 100,000 Japanese casualties.

Wakalukong
w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-10-10 03:24:17 UTC
Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Saipan, Guam. Terrible battles. The flame-throwers were terrible.

Wakalukong