Philippines admits wanting land reclamation, militarization out of ASEAN communique
Add Reply
ltlee1
2017-08-10 11:43:37 UTC
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/08/09/1726860/philippines-admits-wanting-land-reclamation-militarization-out-asean

-----------------

Cayetano explained that the final joint communique this year was a result of compromise as some ASEAN member states wanted a "stronger" statement on the South China Sea while the others wanted a "weaker" one.
Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

"Whether the land reclamation [statement] was there or not and it is there, the reality on the ground is that people have stopped reclaiming and the reality on the ground is not it’s just not China who did reclamation," the Philippines' top diplomat said.

The Foreign Affairs secretary also said the Aquino administration framing the situation in the South China Sea as "Philippines versus China."

China not an enemy

Cayetano, on the other hand, said that the Philippines should not see China as its enemy.

"We are not pro-China, pro-US, pro-Japan, pro- whatever. We’re pro-Philippines and we’re pro-ASEAN and because we’re pro-ASEAN and we’re pro-Philippines, we are good friends to China, we are good friends to Japan, we are good friends to US and we will appreciate not being told what to do because we are a sovereign nation," he said.

The secretary added his position on the coominique was based on the instruction of President Rodrigo Duterte. He stressed that the president never said that he is abandoning the arbitral ruling.

-----------------

Adding certain language would only enable non-claimant nations to intrude themselves into peaceful resolution on the marine border issues. Philippine, like other nations, wants to develop its economic and it needs all its natural resources it could get as fast as possible.
Resty Wyse
2017-08-10 15:52:51 UTC
Post by ltlee1
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/08/09/1726860/philippines-admits-wanting-land-reclamation-militarization-out-asean
-----------------
Cayetano explained that the final joint communique this year was a result of compromise as some ASEAN member states wanted a "stronger" statement on the South China Sea while the others wanted a "weaker" one.
In the end, China will take back all of the South China Sea. The only thing that counts is the power of the gun. It has been this way since humanity began.
s***@gmail.com
2017-08-10 17:42:31 UTC
In the end, China will take back all of the South China Sea. The only thing that counts is the power of the gun. It has been this way since humanity began.
Yale Guen Mar, do you realize that the infection of your middle fingers has started to metastasize in your brain. That explains your mindless posts goading PRC to carry out imperialist adventures across maritime and land borders with neighbors.

Yale Guen Mar, you are still here, but it won't be for long.

Yale Guen Mar, you don't have much future left. At 79, you already have one foot on your grave.

Yale Guen Mar, at 79, you are nearly sunk. I'll be most surprised if you live to be 80. Your badly infected middle fingers are slowly taking you to the edge. Worse still, the infection is spreading to your brain as evidenced by your bizarre posts and arguments.

Yale Guen Mar, are you thinking of flying to Duncanville, TX to offer apologies to your illustrious cousin Homer Yale Mar? Make haste. At 79, you already have one foot on your grave. You'll never get to say sorry to Homer unless you hurry.

The sentiment is commendable but don't waste your time dreaming about plane journeys. You have been put on the no-fly list by all airlines.

Your best bet is to take the greyhound or the Amtrak.

Visit Home Yale Mar and his beautiful wife Cynthia. Make sure you convey to them how deeply sorry you are for your misbehaviors in the past.