Trump is talking like Warmonger Bush but he won't earn the S Koreans' gratitude if he launches a punitive strike against the North - as the Guardian finds out
lo yeeOn
2017-07-08 23:54:42 UTC
As Kirk and Chang of the UK Guradian found out, the young people in
Seoul aren't "giving high priority" to the "threat posed by North
Korea".

They wrote:
In the bars and coffee shops along Jongno, the historic avenue
through the modern centre of Seoul, South Korea's capital, people
talk of the difficulties of finding jobs, of rising prices and the
stress of life in a booming city.

"Young people are very uneasy," says Han Jung-min, who's found
stopgap work in a trendy coffee shop on an alley just off Jongno
while looking for "a real job" more commensurate with her college
education. "It's very depressing."

If there's one topic to which neither she nor anyone else is giving
high priority, however, it's the threat posed by North Korea and its
missiles poised 40 miles to the north.

. . .

Much of the concern focuses on the unpredictability of Donald Trump.
"A lot of people are worrying that the US might conduct a
pre-emptive strike," says Maeng Joo-seok, a conservative business
consultant. "That might be very dangerous to the security of the
Korean peninsula. People are just watching."

I don't think that the South Koreans don't care about their security.

Rather, I think that they know that their northern counterparts are
neither crazy nor bloodthirsty. They know that the NKers aren't
trying to kill them, although they also know that if the NKers are
attacked, they themselves will surely be collateral casualties.

They know about all that NK's missile/nuke program is a defensive
move in the event of a US attack. So, they are more worried about the
US than the NKers.

Also, from the following article, we see that it is not the NKers who
have a hard life. Rather, many South Koreans find life difficult.
It's another case of a dysfunctional capitalism.

lo yeeOn

`I think it will go on like this forever': South Koreans on threat
from the North

For Seoul citizens, the threat of armed conflict with Pyongyang
seems remote but there are concerns about the unpredictability of
Donald Trump

By Donald Kirk and Chang Sung-hee Saturday 8 July 2017 06.15 EDT

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/08/south-koreans-north-kim-jong-un-seoul-donald-trump

In the bars and coffee shops along Jongno, the historic avenue through
the modern centre of Seoul, South Korea's capital, people talk of the
difficulties of finding jobs, of rising prices and the stress of life
in a booming city.

"Young people are very uneasy," says Han Jung-min, who's found stopgap
work in a trendy coffee shop on an alley just off Jongno while looking
for "a real job" more commensurate with her college education. "It's
very depressing."

If there's one topic to which neither she nor anyone else is giving
high priority, however, it's the threat posed by North Korea and its
missiles poised 40 miles to the north.

The prospect of an armed clash with North Korea seems about as remote
to Han and just about everyone else here as that of a second Korean
war. "I think it will go on like this forever," she says, "They will
keep firing missiles and testing nuclear warheads." And then what?
"More talk," she shrugs. "No one knows how long."

Armageddon may not be at hand, but concerns are rising that somehow
something could eventually upset the equilibrium in which the two
Koreas have uneasily coexisted since the end of the Korean war 64
years ago this month.

. . .
Resty Wyse
Only the U.S. hyped up the threat so Uncle Sam can jump in to save the world from a crazy-man of North Korea!!! If North Korea has no nukes, North Korea would be like the countries in the Middle East, i.e., bombed to pieces, killed by the hundreds of thousands, cities lie in ruin, refugees fleeing North Korea...
kimberly
2017-07-16 21:52:51 UTC
South Korea president and its PM did not do much to find jobs for their
peoples. Their election was to find jobs for their friends and officers and
then went asleep when come to them.

They wrote:
[...]

---
http://www.avg.com
lo yeeOn
2017-07-16 22:26:13 UTC
Post by kimberly
South Korea president and its PM did not do much to find jobs for
their peoples. Their election was to find jobs for their friends and
officers and then went asleep when come to them.
It's not so easy to "find jobs" for people. You can see what Trump
has done. I think he has a genuine desire to "find jobs" for the down
and out Americans. But don't bet your money on his potential for
success. Why? It is because when a country like the US is
pre-occupied with invading and occupy other peoples and countries, you
are not in a position to create jobs. China didn't spend its national
resources this way, so China became prosperous. Likewise, Brazil,
India, and even Japan and South Korea, even though the Far East Asian
countries have also greatly benefited from American economic aids.
But the latest pivot is causing those SK and Japan to greatly increase
their defense spending. The result is no good jobs for the young who
just get out of school.

Now South Korea is trying to break out from Washington's dictate to
find its own path. But Washington is unwilling to let it go. He's
singing: "Please don't go girl... I will protect you and love you,
forever and ever..."

But they won't have seen nothin' yet if Washington is going to attack
North Korea. So, SK people should first count themselves that they
aren't yet a failed state like Libya, Iraq, or Afghanistan. They are
not even like Syria, although lives for the Syrians are pretty grim
these days.

They should work for peace at all costs because their lives and
livelihoods will depend on it.

lo yeeOn

P.S.: My original post got deleted again. Not sure why. Thanks for
following up so I can see what has happened. Some people just don't
the message of peace in my posts.
http://www.avg.com
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-17 01:40:14 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by kimberly
South Korea president and its PM did not do much to find jobs for
their peoples. Their election was to find jobs for their friends and
officers and then went asleep when come to them.
It's not so easy to "find jobs" for people. You can see what Trump
has done. I think he has a genuine desire to "find jobs" for the down
and out Americans. But don't bet your money on his potential for
success. Why? It is because when a country like the US is
pre-occupied with invading and occupy other peoples and countries,
What do you think China is doing in the South China Sea and the Pacific
rim. It is not just a land grab..It is a power grab.
They are intimidating Vietnam, Philippines and several others....Playing
Bully. Much like you have been criticizing America of!

you
Post by lo yeeOn
are not in a position to create jobs. China didn't spend its national
resources this way, so China became prosperous.
China is not in good financial shape at all. In fact they have been
phonying up Jobs for decades to fend off workers riots. How many brand
new empty useless cities have they built now? The power grab in Africa
is to deprive the rest of the world of Africa's mineral resources.

Likewise, Brazil,
Post by kimberly
[...]
ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster
Resty Wyse
2017-07-17 03:55:30 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
What do you think China is doing in the South China Sea and the Pacific
rim. It is not just a land grab..It is a power grab.
You are one big brainwashed SOB, aren't you? First of all, the "land grab" was done by Japan back in 1895 during the Sino-Japanese War when Japan took all those islands from China. Today, China is only trying to recover them. There will be a war in the South Pacific to settle this dispute, no doubt about it.
Post by PaxPerPoten
They are intimidating Vietnam, Philippines and several others....Playing
Bully. Much like you have been criticizing America of!
Yeah, America only knows how to kill, rape, and destroy, and show the world their "shock and awe".
Post by PaxPerPoten
you
China planned ahead. Those "brand new enpty useless cities" are now occupied and more new "brand new empty cities" are on the way for more people moving from poverty to the middle class.
kimberly
2017-07-17 15:46:13 UTC
Sooner or later, South Korea needs to stand on their footing on their
defenses and even shoulder the bulk of casualties of outbreak of war is
carried out by the north on them.

The South should know that their past 60 years, their relationship with the
North did not improve as the North was constantly provoke by the US under
their defense treaty with them.

It's time for the South to stand up to be counted and initiate their own
move to speak to the North.

Otherwise the North would continue not to talk with them but to insist to
talk and negotiate directly with the US. This will make the South looks like
a "puppy on the window" to them.
Post by kimberly
South Korea president and its PM did not do much to find jobs for
their peoples. Their election was to find jobs for their friends and
officers and then went asleep when come to them.
It's not seasy to "find jobs" for people. You can see what Trump

http://www.avg.com
real
2017-07-20 03:55:44 UTC
The leader of the South should initiate talks with the North for the
protection of their south Koreans. It runs a risk of massive collateral
casualties if the North's sibling strikes at them. The South should beef up
their people to defense the country.

http://www.avg.com
Resty Wyse
2017-07-20 04:53:14 UTC
The leader of the South should initiate talks with the North...
The new president said he would do that.
for the
protection of their south Koreans. It runs a risk of massive collateral
casualties if the North's sibling strikes at them. The South should beef up
their people to defense the country.
Both sides know what war is like. No one wants war.

bmoore
2017-07-17 23:28:22 UTC
Your original post was not deleted. It's right there for all to see.
lo yeeOn
2017-07-19 19:04:12 UTC
Post by bmoore
Post by lo yeeOn
P.S.: My original post got deleted again. Not sure why. Thanks for
following up so I can see what has happened. Some people just don't
the message of peace in my posts.
Your original post was not deleted. It's right there for all to see.
It is not.

I discovered that when Kimberly posted as one of the two children of
my original post and his post had no parent when I followed up on him.
And that's what I was complaining about.

I checked again and he still has no parent and my OP is totally gone.

It's the same situation as that instance in which after I posted about
McCain's warmongering talk and Trump attack in Munich, using the
centipede to describe his angst. In that case, it was a post in which
my OP and follow-ups, three in total, were all deleted, leaving only
the three from jdluise and you bmoore: the first said I was a bad
netizen, blah-blah, totally unrelated to the content of the post and
the other two from you attacking me with ad hominem and non sequiturs.

By the way, I am amazed that you're always tracking me and attacking
because of my anti-war message. Your posting habit has all the
signs of tracking posters whom you and your team have targeted.

lo yeeOn

http://www.avg.com
bmoore
2017-07-19 19:12:04 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by bmoore
Post by lo yeeOn
P.S.: My original post got deleted again. Not sure why. Thanks for
following up so I can see what has happened. Some people just don't
the message of peace in my posts.
Your original post was not deleted. It's right there for all to see.
It is not.
You are silly and self-important with your never-ending blather about how you are some big peace proponent. You have done nothing for world peace. Sorry.
lo yeeOn
2017-07-19 20:15:41 UTC
***bmoore wrote:
">Given your defense of not only Saddam, but Kadaffy and the North
Korean monsters, you deserve to have the shit beaten out of you."
when I asked the question:

Why did so many Iraqis have to die because Saddam was "such a
monster". Indeed, "monster" to whom? Re: If Saddam was "such a
monster" and had caused so much "carnage" when Tony Blair decided to
go to war with G W Bush, then why did they have to resort to the
monster WMD lie?

Notice ***bmoore's attempt to incite physical violence on an indivudal:

For more of the record of what ***bmoore has spewed forth against me,
please see below.

lo yeeOn
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by bmoore
Post by lo yeeOn
P.S.: My original post got deleted again. Not sure why. Thanks for
following up so I can see what has happened. Some people just don't
the message of peace in my posts.
Your original post was not deleted. It's right there for all to see.
It is not.
On google groups it is there. You are silly. You are deceptive
even about simple things like this.
Not everybody reads google groups, or even knows they exist.

The news groups certainly predate google by years if not decades.

So, you see it there but I don't read news or post articles there. It
remains true that where I read news and post articles the posts I
referred to were mysteriously gone.

The fact that you have so much time to always track me and doing other
nefarious things is really strange. You have nothing to post except
ad hominem and non sequitur.

So first you say: "You are silly". Then next you say:

"You are deceptive even about simple things like this."

What kind of posting habit is it that you are demonstrating?

Did your Control (or Controls) Engineering degree train you to
reason this way?

You have always targeted me because of the anti-war message in my
posts. You attack ltlee, rst0wyz, and others for similar reasons.
You have an agenda.

lo yeeOn
Post by lo yeeOn
[...]
Well, I think I have tried and done what I could, but in any event, I
am not promoting war the way you are, and I am not a traitor to
America, wanting her to be involved in endless conflicts costing a
river of blood and a king's ransom of treasure. If you could just
show even a little loyalty to this country we'd all be better off,
here and abroad.

And my attachment below should refresh your memory of your violently
hostile post against me.

And if you read that follow-up I posted on March 24, 2013 below, you
will see that I was calm and careful in my evaluation of just how
much a "monster" Saddam was, compared with all the other "monsters"
that the world might have seen. I think any fair-minded person can
see that what I wrote was fair and balanced, but those words coming
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by bmoore
You *don't* have any sanity. (***bmoore's ad hominem)
Hurling insults and non sequiturs in mid-sentence shows that you
have no counter-argument.
Saddam was a monster. Go fuck yourself. (***bmoore's ad hominem)
Post by lo yeeOn
while so hostile to people who espouse the idea that it is wrong
to simply dismiss the Iraq War as something not "worthwhile" but
nothing more harmful,
*** Here bmoore tried to deny by throwing ad hominem about me being
I never have said anything like that. You can't even tell how
dishonest you are, can you? (***bmoore's vain attempt to deny)
So, I said:

Of course you did, please check what I am attaching below.

(Perhaps I should have phrase the word "worthwhile" as "worth doing"
because your original words were "the Iraq war was not worth it".
But I don't think a fair-minded person would use the linguistic
difference to decide that I was dishonest or misleading about what
you actually said, after all English is not my native language and
therefore, not every idiomatic construction of the language
naturally swim in my head at all time.)

But you can't deny that you are dishonest nor can you deny that you
are disingenuous. Furthermore, you never presented any argument to
support your shouting claims or worse. Instead you always resorting
to ad hominem, attacking the messenger whose post does not agree
with Washington's narrative. Just like the above:

***bmoore: "You can't even tell how dishonest you are, can you?"

lo yeeOn: Throwing such an ad hominem (a false personal attack)
right after making an unsubstantiated blanket denial about
yourself is an attempt to distract the reader's attention
from the message at hand. It's a tactic, but it can't
always succeed. You are quite well-understood in these
newsgroups!

lo yeeOn

On 24 March 2013, around the time of the ten (10) year anniversary of
George Bush' coldly calculated invasion of Iraq that caused enormous
destruction to the country and enduring suffering to its people, there
was a series of posts on the subject addressing exactly the same issue
that Dennis Kucinich has again brought out this week. In this series,
***bmoore wrote:

">Given your defense of not only Saddam, but Kadaffy and the North
Korean monsters, you deserve to have the shit beaten out of you."
when I asked the question:

Why did so many Iraqis have to die because Saddam was "such a
monster". Indeed, "monster" to whom? Re: If Saddam was "such a
monster" and had caused so much "carnage" when Tony Blair decided to
go to war with G W Bush, then why did they have to resort to the
monster WMD lie?

Notice ***bmoore's attempt to incite physical violence on an indivudal:

"... you deserve to have the shit beaten out of you."

It is ridiculous for you, bmoore, to deny what you said, given the
degree of violence your words could excite!

So, read on...

lo yeeOn

http://www.avg.com
bmoore
2017-07-20 03:11:33 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
Post by lo yeeOn
[...]
People who tout themselves as "calm and careful" rarely are. Certainly not in this case. Since there is no sane person following this (other than perhaps Waka), I will quit this idiotic conversation now.
http://www.avg.com
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-17 01:32:51 UTC
Post by kimberly
South Korea president and its PM did not do much to find jobs for their
peoples. Their election was to find jobs for their friends and officers and
then went asleep when come to them.
Why doesn't South Korea carry its own water? South Korea is 51 Million
folks with a robust, but somewhat lagging economy. North Korea is 25
million folks with a horrible economy and no light at the end of the
tunnel. I would guess that an aggressive PR program would tip the
scales. Reuniting Korea might be the Goal of both..But do they really
want to turn the entire country into a North Korean clone? They should
lose their ancient enmity with Japan and make an economic pact. It
appears that Japan has been trying to implement such. It could be
profitable and beneficial for both...Plus stabilize that entire area for
the good of the entire world and those that have interest there. I think
China would breath easier with their ancient Enemy Japan united in
economic bonds with China's ancient Kinddom of Korea. It might even slow
or stop China's land grabs along the Pacific Rim that started WWII.
w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-07-17 03:49:58 UTC
Had the South Koreans been allowed to carry their own water, they would have signed apeace treaty with North Korea decades ago.

Wakalukong
Resty Wyse
2017-07-17 03:58:19 UTC
Not true. Syngman Rhee refused to sign and released the POWs in order to keep the war going.
w***@yahoo.com.sg
2017-07-17 06:56:39 UTC
Rhee was like Hamid Kharzai, an American installed puppet. He reportedly killed 100,000 of his country's men and women to maintain his rule. Througout his long rule, his country's military was under the command of the commanding US general in South Korea.

Wakalukong
lo yeeOn
2017-07-17 23:19:43 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com.sg
Wakalukong
Not true. Syngman Rhee refused to sign and released the POWs in order to keep the war going.
Ah Resty, wise, dear netizen friend of mine! While we'll never know
for sure whether the Koreans would have sign a peace treaty if they
were allowed to be their own masters, Syngman Rhee was a poor man's
reason to back your position against Wakalukong's.

Actually, compare what Wakalukong said:
Rhee was like Hamid Kharzai, an American installed puppet. He
reportedly killed 100,000 of his country's men and women to maintain
his rule. Througout his long rule, his country's military was under
the command of the commanding US general in South Korea.

with what Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers said:
Syngman Rhee, an exile who had lived in the US for 40 years, was
returned to Korea on MacArthur's personal plane. He initially allied
with left leaders to form a government approved of by the US. Then
in 1947, he dispensed with his "left" allies by assassinating their
leaders, Kim Ku and Kim Kyu-Shik. Rhee consolidated power and the US
pushed for United Nations-sponsored elections in May 1948 to put a
legal imprimatur on the divided Koreas. Rhee was elected at 71
years old in an election boycotted by most parties who saw it as
sham. He came to power in the midst of an insurgency.

I think Wakalukong's Rhee's Karzai comparison was to the mark.

Washington's influence on South Korea is simply enormous. No 3-bit
dictator is going to be able to say

"_I_ refuse to sign a peace treaty with the North because
_I_ want the war to continue indefinitely",

spilling a lot of American blood along the way!

I think you ought to be able to see that Washington would have never
let a puppet choose war over peace if American blood is on the line to
back up that option decade after decade ad eternum.

Like Patrick Buchanan would ask: "Cui Bono?"

Washington might be evil enough to kill many people and destroy many
countries; but it is incomprehensible that it would be stupid enough
to spill American blood in broad daylight.

It can calculate the costs of spilling American blood on behalf of a
known dictator whose existence rested solely on him being our puppet -
doing our bidding on the Korean peninsula.

Just look at what the American military have done to systematically
kill off a third of the North's population of 8 to 9 millions!

Rhee was elected at 71 years old in an election boycotted by most
parties who saw it as sham. He came to power in the midst of an
insurgency.

On Jeju Island, the largest Korean island lying in a strategic
location in the Korea Strait, there continued to be protests against
the US military government. It was one of the last areas where
people's committees continued to exist. Gen. Hodge told Congress
Jeju was a truly communal area that is peacefully controlled by the
People's Committee," but he organized its extermination in a
scorched-earth attack.

In September, Rhee's new government launched a massive
counterinsurgency operation under US command. S. Brian Willson
reports it resulted in the killing of "60,000 Islanders, with
another 40,000 desperately fleeing in boats to Japan. Thus,
one-third of its residents were either murdered or fled during the
'extermination' campaign. Nearly 40,000 homes were destroyed and
270 of 400 villages were leveled." It was an ugly attack, Iggy Kim
notes: "Torture, mutilation, gang rape and arbitrary execution were
rife. . . a quarter of the Jeju population had been massacred. The
US embassy happily reported: "The all-out guerilla extermination
campaign came to a virtual end in April with order restored and most
rebels and sympathizers killed, captured, or converted.'" This was
the single greatest masssacre in modern Korean history and a warning
of what was to come in the Korean War. As we will se, Jeju is part
of the story in Today's US asian escalation.

More brutality occurred on mainland Korea. On October 19, dissident
soldiers in the port city of Yosu rose up in opposition to the war
in Jeju. About 2,000 insurgent soldiers took control of the city. By
Oct. 20, a number of nearby towns had also been liberated and the
People's Committee was reinstated as the governing body. People's
courts were established to try police officers, landlords, regime
officials and other supporters of the Rhee dictatorship. This
rebellion was suppressed by a bloodletting, planned and directed by
the US military.

The Korean War followed. S. Brian Willson summarizes the war:

"The Korean War that lasted from June 1950 to July 1953 was an
enlargement of the 1948-50 struggle of Jeju Islanders to preserve
their self-determination from the tyrannical rule of US-supported
Rhee and his tiny cadre of wealthy constituents. Little known is
that the US-imposed division of Korea in 1945 against the wishes of
the vast majority of Koreans was the primary cause of the Korean War
that broke out five years later. The War destroyed by bombing most
cities and villages in Korea north of the 38th Parallel, and many
south of it, while killing four million Koreans - three million
(one-third) of the north's residents and one million of those living
in the south, in addition to killing one million Chinese. This was a
staggering international crime still unrecognized that killed five
million people and permanently separated 10 million Korean families."

Bragging about the massacre, USAF Strategic Air Command head General
Curtis LeMay, who blanket-bombed Japan in World War II and later ran
for vice president with segregationist George Wallace, summed it up
well, "Over a period of three years or so we killed off - what -
twenty percent of the population." Willson corrects LeMay, writing
"it is now believed that the population north of the imposed 38th
Parallel lost nearly a third its population of 8-9 million people
during the 37-month long "hot" war, 1950-1953, perhaps an
unprecedented percentage of mortality suffered by one nation due to
belligerence of another.

One thing that the American people should always keep in mind is that
the "crazy Kims" of the North can't possibly rely on "repressive"
measures to hold onto the people's support all of the time. The fact
that North Korea today is (and was for many decades) a stable country
can in no small part owe its unity and strength to how many Koreans
have lost a relative or loved one in the hand of the US military and
its Rhee allies during the early years of South Korea in the 1950s -
which was a lot!

President Trump today has a choice to make: to go with the flow of
some seven decades of bad US foreign policy on the Koreas or to be a
statesman and let the Koreans choose their own path and leave them in
peace.

Today's Korean situation has a colonial root. But it's time for US
troops to come home from the 38 parallel.

[The] US quite arbitrarily decided with Russia, China and England,
to divide Korea into two nations "temporarily" as part of its
decolonization. The powers agreed that Japan should lose all of its
colonies and that in "due course" Korea would be free. Korea was
divided on the 38th parallel. The US made sure to keep the capital,
Seoul, and key ports. Essentially, the US took as much of Korea as
it thought the Russians would allow. This division planted the seeds
of the Korean War, causing a five-year revolution and
counter-revolution that escalated into the Korean War.

So you get the picture? For more, please see Zeese and Flowers below.

lo yeeOn

North Korea and the United States: Will the Real Aggressor Please
Stand Down?

Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers, March 05, 2013

http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/03/05/north-korea-and-the-united-states-will-the-real-aggressor-please-stand-down/

Near the end of World War II, as Japan was weakened, Korean "People's
Committees" formed all over the country and Korean exiles returned
from China, the US and Russia to prepare for independence and
democratic rule. On September 6, 1945, these disparate forces and
representatives of the people's committees proclaimed a Korean
People's Republic (the KPR) with a progressive agenda of land reform,
rent control, an eight-hour work day and minimum wage among its
27-point program.

But the KPR was prevented from becoming a reality. Instead, after
World War II and without Korean representation, the US quite
arbitrarily decided with Russia, China and England, to divide Korea
into two nations "temporarily" as part of its decolonization. The
powers agreed that Japan should lose all of its colonies and that in
"due course" Korea would be free. Korea was divided on the 38th
parallel. The US made sure to keep the capital, Seoul, and key ports.
Essentially, the US took as much of Korea as it thought the Russians
would allow. This division planted the seeds of the Korean War,
causing a five-year revolution and counter-revolution that escalated
into the Korean War.

Initially, the South Koreans welcomed the United States, but US
Gen. John Hodge, the military governor of South Korea working under
Gen. Douglas MacArthur, quickly brought Koreans who had cooperated
with the Japanese during occupation into the government and shut out
Koreans seeking democracy. He refused to meet with representatives of
the KPR and banned the party, working instead with the right wing
Korean Democratic Party - made up of landlords, land owners, business
interests and pro-Japanese collaborators.

Shut out of politics, Koreans who sought an independent democratic
state took to other methods and a mass uprising occurred. A strike
against the railroads in September 1946 by 8,000 railway workers in
Pusan quickly grew into a general strike of workers and students in
all of the South's major cities. The US military arrested strike
leaders en masse. In Taegu, on Oct. 1, huge riots occurred after
police smashed picket lines and fired into a crowd of student
demonstrators, killing three and wounding scores. In Yongchon, on
Oct. 3, 10,000 people attacked the police station and killed more than
40 police, including the county chief. Some 20 landlords and
pro-Japanese officials were also killed. A few days later, the US
military declared martial law to crush the uprising. They fired into
large crowds of demonstrators in numerous cities and towns, killing
and wounding an unknown number of people.

[...]

Context Today: Korea Targeted, Mock Attacks, Learning from Iraq and
Libya and the Asia Pivot

This historical context results in North Korea taking the threats of
the United States very seriously. It knows the US has been willing to
kill large portions of its population throughout history and has seen
what the US has done to other countries.

In 2002, President George W. Bush labeled North Korea part of the
"axis of evil" along with Iraq and Iran. S. Brian Willson traveled
900 ground miles through six of North Korea's nine provinces, as well
as Pyongyang, the capital, and several other cities, talking with
dozens of people from all walks of life; all wanted to know about the
"axis of evil" speech. He found that North Koreans "simply cannot
understand why the US is so obsessed with them."

Of course, the North Korean government witnessed the "shock and awe"
campaign of bombardments against Iraq and the killing of at least
hundreds of thousands (credible research shows more than 1 million
Iraqis killed, 4.5 million displaced, 1-2 million widows and 5 million
orphans). They saw the brutal killing by hanging of the former US
ally, now turned into an enemy, Saddam Hussein. And, they can look to
the experience of Libya. Libya was an enemy but then began to develop
positive relations with the US. In 2003, Libya halted its program to
build a nuclear bomb in an effort to mend its relations with the US.
Then last year Libya was overthrown in a US-supported war and its
leader Moammar Gadhafi was brutally killed. As Reuters reports, "`The
tragic consequences in those countries which abandoned halfway their
nuclear programs... clearly prove that the DPRK (Democratic People's
Republic of Korea) was very far-sighted and just when it made the
(nuclear) option," North Korea's KCNA news agency said."

The United States stations 28,500 troops in South Korea. In November
2012 the US upgraded its weapons systems and announced an agreement
with Japan that would allow South Korea to bomb anywhere in North
Korea. In June 2012 the Pentagon announced that Gen.l Neil H. Tolley
would be removed as commander of US Special Operations in South Korea
after he revealed to a Japanese foreign affairs publication that
American and South Korean troops had been parachuting into North Korea
on spy missions.

. . .
Resty Wyse
2017-07-18 16:09:14 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
Ah Resty, wise, dear netizen friend of mine! While we'll never know
for sure whether the Koreans would have sign a peace treaty if they
were allowed to be their own masters, Syngman Rhee was a poor man's
reason to back your position against Wakalukong's.
Rhee was like Hamid Kharzai, an American installed puppet. He
reportedly killed 100,000 of his country's men and women to maintain
his rule. Througout his long rule, his country's military was under
the command of the commanding US general in South Korea.
Syngman Rhee, an exile who had lived in the US for 40 years, was
returned to Korea on MacArthur's personal plane. He initially allied
with left leaders to form a government approved of by the US. Then
in 1947, he dispensed with his "left" allies by assassinating their
leaders, Kim Ku
My first wife's father was part of Kim Ku's group in China. He graduated from China's Whampoa Military Academy and was an officer in Chiang Kai Shet's army during WWII. She was born in Chungking, China during the war.

Her father was part of Kim Ku's inner circle people when Kim Ku was assassinated, and eventually the whole group was killed off by Syngman Rhee, including her father.
. . .
lo yeeOn
2017-07-19 19:28:38 UTC
Post by lo yeeOn
[...]
Interesting and significant in its own right. Because of your own
personal knowledge, Zeese and Flowers' account about the Rhee bloody
context in the lasting Korean conflict is confirmed.

It does tell you why North Korea's ruling class continues to muster
its population's support. Also, the story of women atheletes in Seoul
greeting their northern counterparts was a poignant testimony of their
feeling for each other. Why does any of them have to die just because
people in the US don't like North Korea? But many of them will if we
treat them like we treated the people of Iraq since 2003!

In 2002, President George W. Bush labeled North Korea part of the
"axis of evil" along with Iraq and Iran. S. Brian Willson traveled
900 ground miles through six of North Korea's nine provinces, as
well as Pyongyang, the capital, and several other cities, talking
with dozens of people from all walks of life; all wanted to know
about the "axis of evil" speech. He found that North Koreans
"simply cannot understand why the US is so obsessed with them."
(from Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers: North Korea and the United
States: Will the Real Aggressor Please Stand Down?)

Cheers,

lo yeeOn
. . .
s***@gmail.com
2017-07-19 19:41:53 UTC
My first wife's father was part of Kim Ku's group in China. He graduated from China's Whampoa Military Academy and was an officer in Chiang Kai Shet's army during WWII. She was born in Chungking, China during the war.
Her father was part of Kim Ku's inner circle people when Kim Ku was assassinated, and eventually the whole group was killed off by Syngman Rhee, including her father.
Yale Guen Mar, wasn't your first wife from North Korea? Would she be siding with dictator Kim Jong-un? Did you always support Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il?

Yale Guen Mar, don't push your luck. Maintain a low profile.

Otherwise, Trump's law enforcement people will get you deported to North Korea.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/vieCELUAxdg
Post by Resty Wyse
Donald Trump will deport ALL illegal aliens from the U.S.
That means you, Satish!!!
If Donald Trump finds out that Yale Guen Mar has a soft corner for North Korea, he will get deported right away to Pyongyang. Of course, that's a big deal for Yale Guen Mar. The Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un has promised to find a bride for Yale Guen Mar - a light brown and white Korean Jindo bitch. There he will spend the rest of his life (which isn't too long a time, mercifully) with that bitch.

Yale Guen Mar has a very soft corner for North Korea.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/kB_iOgpuHPE
Post by Resty Wyse
I had a wonderful and successful life in the U.S., wonderful children and grandchildren.
I have always taken the communist side of any debate, any discussion. It's my nature. This fact is in my file when I was interviewed for security clearance.
My first wife's family was a land-owning class of North Korea when the Japanese invaded Korea. Her family and her group moved to China to fight against the Japanese. Her father was a graduate of Whampao Military Academy in China and an officer of the Nationalist Chinese Army during WWII. She was born in Chungking, the wartime capital of China.
After WWII ended, the Korean faction of the Chinese Army went back to Korea. She was driven by military escort and guards everywhere they go. Synman Rhee had the opposition party leaders killed because he had U.S. support. Her father was killed and the body was never found.
My first wife was very anti-communist. On any discussion on communism, I always had to take the communist side as I am currently doing in soc.culture.china.
Yale Guen Mar, you know which side of the bread is buttered. You know enough of the life under the North Korean regime not to relocate there or even to the land of your birth to live under CCP dictatorship.

You are not rst0wxyz, rst2wxyz, rst4wxyz, rst7wxyz or rst9wxyz
.
You are Yale Guen Mar (born 1st February, 1938 in mainland China) who lives on 3851 Twilight Avenue in Merced, California.

No subterfuge will erase the fact that you have been using aliases not just to to hide your troubled past but to act a Qusiling to USA where you have resided since 1949.

Shame on you. No wonder you were thrown out by May Fung and Yuhua Luo.

Even your live-in-nurse-cum-maid Meichi Thai detests you.

You have become the object of scorn of your Hmong neighbors on Twilight Avenue.

Your tombstone can only read:

Lies here the man with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
'This is my own, my native land!'

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.china/CHx5k7SunaI
Post by Resty Wyse
The answer in not in heaven or in any God.
The answer is within us.
"greed".
If we wash/cleanse ourselves the "greed" out of us,
and devote our lives to helping others.
We will all be at peace.
First things first, Yale Guen Mar. Leaking diapers are your number one problem, Yale Guen Mar.

You need to change your diaper often enough so that you don't leave stinking yellow stains on Mr. Ravinder Singh's sofa no leave droppings on the floor of the Lees' grocery shop (Merced Community Food Market).

Ask Meichi Thai to make sure that you are into a clean diaper whenever you leave home.

Also ask her to put a cork in your asshole to make doubly sure of accidents.

Finally, don't venture into either Yue Cheng Market or Rancho San Miguel Supermarket unless you are adequately protected with cork and diaper.
lo yeeOn
2017-07-17 23:43:28 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com.sg
[...]

I think you ought to be able to see that Washington would never let a
puppet choose war over peace if American blood is on the line to back
up that option, decade after decade ad eternum, unless the puppet's
choice is also the puppeteers' own choice.

. . .
ltlee1
America is the ONLY nation that has control on both ends of the Eurasia land mass. Together with its sea power, the rest of world is just its playground. Holding onto South Korea makes a lot of sense before the rapid rise of China. As is, this policy is making less and less sense.
s***@gmail.com
2017-07-19 19:50:52 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com.sg
Had the South Koreans been allowed to carry their own water, they would have signed apeace treaty with North Korea decades ago.
Wakalukong
Not true. Syngman Rhee refused to sign and released the POWs in order to keep the war going.
Yale Guen Mar, do you remember how you stuffed your Korean wife into a crowded small room with mother-in-law and daughter while you slept in the master-room all by yourself?

Your wife lost both her legs from from complications of diabetes and ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease).

Is it any surprise that no girl wants to date you a second time.

Yale Guen Mar, did you really think that May Fung would "lend" you money in response to your sob story? Your letter to Quincy, MA has gone in vain, hasn't it?

Yale Guen Mar's ex domestic partner had a step son, Carlton, at UC, Davis in the veterinary department and knew a professor of animal psychology in the department. Yale Guen Mar went to visit this step son of his ex domestic partner to borrow money. Carlton tried to help out Yale Guen Mar by arranging a meeting with a professor of animal psychology to discuss Yale Guen Mar's psychological problems. But Yale Guen Mar just wanted to borrow money from Carlton and refused the help. This enraged Carlton so much that Yale Guen Mar got kicked out of the UC, Davis campus and forbidden to ever again trying to meet the kid for money or for anything else.

BTW, why did you try to borrow money from Carlton? What happened to the $30000 that Yuhua Luo offered you to get rid of you from her lief?

And what did you do with the minivan that Yuhua Luo offered you? Have you sold it already to make ends meet?

Yale Guen Mar, you have been scarred by your anger against your parents who according to your account did nothing but abuse you.

Yale Guen Mar, you are a fifth generation restaurant worker. Your parents did the best they could. But you did far worse for yourself than your siblings and cousin did.

Come to Texas to get reacquainted with cousin Homer Yale Mar who is living the American dream.

Homer Yale Mar thanks his star that he does not live in the vicinity of Yale Guen Mar who, even as a 11-yar old, would day dream for hours about pigs in his native village in mainland china and in California where he had been shipped off by his step mother.

Homer Yale Mar was a no nonsense boy who had initially though that Yale Guen Mar might make a good playmate. But he was soon disillusioned. Even in 1949, Yale Guen Mar would throw fits whenever he failed to get his way.

Worse still, Yale Guen Mar just couldn't get over his pain of parting with his favorite pigs in mainland China in 1949. Yale Guen Mar wasn't old enough to ejaculate. But he still spent hours yanking his little dick while dreaming about pigs he had left behind in mainland China.

Today, Yale Guen Mar can't abuse USA enough. But in 1949, he was trying very hard to be an American. He hadn't been circumcised in China. But fortunately his foreskin was quite short making it look like he had actually been circumcised. Yale Guen Mar , as a 11-year old FOB, would deliberately expose himself to prove his claim that he had been circumcised like all his peers in his new country. Yale Guen Mar would even mark up his penis with pens to fake his circumcision scar.