Why is China stalling on making a trade agreement with the United States of America (USA)?
2019-05-14 03:22:02 UTC
Why is China stalling on making a trade agreement with the United States of America (USA)?

https://www.quora.com/

Lance Chambers, Travelled extensively and see how politics works.
Answered Thu

I don't believe they are stalling. What l think they are doing is waiting for an agreement where China actually gets something from the deal rather than nothing other than something like, ‘We won't increase the existing tariffs!’

That's a very one sided agreement and it is really more of a threat.

China, in the early days believed that America was a genuine player but quickly learned that America rarely trades on an equal basis and they tried the same tactics with China and for a while it worked. Then China started to realise that trump doesn't do ‘we can trade' but instead does ‘l will tell you what l will give you and l will tell tou what you will give me in return! Take it or leave it!’

China no longer cares what America wants. They still attend meetings. Listen politely. Smile. Nod their heads. Smile a bit more. After the talking stops they say they will have to talk the the head honcho, Xi. They get on the phone and say, ‘It's the same old shit. We'll be back in Beijing tomorrow.’ Then they all have a laugh when they get together and sort out who's going to suffer through the next ‘dribble of crap’ from the America side of the table the next time around.

This is all metaphorical but l'm sure you get the general idea.

10.2k views · View Upvoters · View Sharers · Answer requested by Colin Johnson
gorde