theatlantic.com The Only Way the Ukraine War Can End Russia has to stop fight
Add Reply
ltlee1
2024-10-02 19:05:55 UTC
"More important, another commander told me, the team works “at the
horizontal level,” meaning that members coordinate directly with other
groups on the ground rather than operating via the army’s chain of
command: “Three years of experience tells us that, 100 percent, we will
be much more efficient when we are doing it on our own—coordinating with
other guys that have assets, motivation, understanding of the
processes.” Horizontal is a word that describes many successful
Ukrainian projects, both military and civilian. Also, grassroots. In
other words, Ukrainians do better when they organize themselves; they do
worse when they try to move in lockstep under a single leader. Some
argue that this makes them more resilient. Or, as another member of the
team put it, Russia will never be able to destroy Ukraine’s
decision-making center, “because the center doesn’t make all the
decisions.”"
ltlee1
2024-10-03 15:03:38 UTC
Although the overall situation is at present quite bad for Ukraine. Anne
Applebaum is still upbeat about fighters. May be she has Afghans
fighting the Soviet on her mind. May be Ukrainians could re-configure
and fight like Afghans.

Still, the question is whether Russians would quit like the Soviet in
Afghanistan.

One obvious difference between Afghanistan and Ukraine, Afghan is never
any part of Russia. In contrast, the part of Ukraine currently occupied
by Russia, i.e. Eastern oblasts and Crimea had been a part of Russia.
And the majority of Russians support the fighting. According to poll
"New Survey Finds Most Russians See Ukrainian War as Defense Against
West," reclaiming part of Ukraine is defensive action.

https://www.norc.org/research/library/new-survey-finds-most-russians-see-ukrainian-war-as-defense-against-west.html

Under this circumstance, it is highly unlikely that Russia would stop
its war effort.
ltlee1
2024-10-04 15:09:14 UTC
The US government has tried very hard to draw a parallel between
Russia-Ukraine and the PROC and ROC. In reality, the two are different
in many important aspects accept one.

According to the PROC Constitution, the Taiwan (including nearby
islands) is a part of China. According to the ROC Constituion, Mainland
China and Taiwan (including nearby islands) is also part of China.
Reunification, peacefully if possibly or violently if forced to, is the
Destiny of the Chinese people. If latter, the PROC WON"T STOP.