River Lantern Festival added to a.s.c. (6)
Add Reply
David Dalton
2024-08-19 03:44:41 UTC
At the end of the CTV news (not the CTV National News but
the CTV News Overnight half hour edition that starts on
the half hour in most time zones and on the hour here in
Newfoundland) tonight they showed a traditional Chinese
river lantern festival. (CTV is a Canadian TV network.)

From google:

Lantern Festival, holiday celebrated in China and other Asian countries that
honours deceased ancestors on the 15th day of the first month (Yuan) of the
lunar calendar. The Lantern Festival aims to promote reconciliation, peace,
and forgiveness.

However it must be that it is celebrated on the 15th of this lunar
month in some part of China, not just in the first lunar month of
the Chinese year.

Anyway, by viewing it I considered that I was participating in the
ritual, and added it to a.s.c. (6), which will be applied to all
1.55 million human assisted shaktipat recipients globally.
But unlike the four Catholic sacraments which I included,
the river lantern festival ritual did not need to be funnelled;
it was entirely positive.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill; And the
hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
David Dalton
2024-08-19 04:24:40 UTC
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Here is a report on the river lantern and song festival,
on the Zijiang River: