"Small" USA internet troll farm v. PRC [Reuters]
A. Filip
2024-03-15 14:13:51 UTC
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/24/03/14/2315243/cia-used-chinese-social-media-in-covert-influence-operation-against-xi-jinpings-government
[…] Two years into office, President Donald Trump authorized the Central
Intelligence Agency to launch a clandestine campaign on Chinese
social media aimed at turning public opinion in China against its
government, according to former U.S. officials with direct knowledge
of the highly classified operation. Three former officials told
Reuters that the CIA created a small team of operatives who used
bogus internet identities to spread negative narratives about Xi
Jinping's government while leaking disparaging intelligence to
overseas news outlets. The effort, which began in 2019, has not been
previously reported. […]
[SRC-0] https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-launched-cia-covert-influence-operation-against-china-2024-03-14/
Exclusive: Trump launched CIA covert influence operation against China
March 14, 20245:18 PM GMT+1Updated 13 hours ago
bmoore
Interesting, but almost certainly miniscule compared to PRC troll farms.
A. Filip
2024-03-15 17:30:14 UTC
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
[...]
Do you dare suggest mere Russian/Chinese trolls' quality?
I do not. Quality of supporting organizations must make huge difference.
I am 100% sure that USA trolls had been not low wage competitive (cheap).
I am sure they were capable to deliver effects worth money anyway.
--
A. Filip
bmoore
2024-03-17 18:48:23 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
[...]
China and Russia are nastier than the US.
Why so sure?
A. Filip
2024-03-17 19:46:44 UTC
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/24/03/14/2315243/cia-used-chinese-social-media-in-covert-influence-operation-against-xi-jinpings-government
[…]
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Interesting, but almost certainly miniscule compared to PRC troll farms.
Do you dare suggest mere Russian/Chinese trolls' quality?
China and Russia are nastier than the US.
[…]
Effectiveness stupid!.
bmoore
2024-03-17 21:41:00 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Post by A. Filip
Post by bmoore
Interesting, but almost certainly miniscule compared to PRC troll farms.
Do you dare suggest mere Russian/Chinese trolls' quality?
China and Russia are nastier than the US.
[
]
Effectiveness stupid!.
OK, LT Lee is gone. He was a fool, a syncophant for the CCP. The truth of the way the PRC persecutes dissent must be addressed before
any kind of real comparison between the US and China can be discussed. Facts supersede propaganda. False equivalence stinks.